How to Conquer Adrenal Fatigue, Get Your Energy Back, and Lose Weight Again
Adrenal fatigue plagued me for three years.
By year three, I was 25 pounds overweight and had the most life-draining exhaustion I’d ever experienced.
And the memory loss was noticeable. Important mail went unread or was lost. I spent far too much time looking for everything every single day. “Is this life after fifty?”, I wondered. Am I just getting older? Does getting older mean being obese, exhausted, and depressed?
As a nurse, I am somewhat shocked that I did not recognize the real problem sooner. But I blamed my exhaustion on mourning my husband, and then the news about my daughters . . . . And I missed the signs that something serious was going on with me physically . . .
I want to explain in detail how I felt with adrenal fatigue in a more personal type of list of symptoms that might help you identify if you have it:
- My whole body was becoming strangely flabby (arms, calves and thighs especially)
- My hair was thinning
- I had hardly any eyebrows to comb anymore
- I looked swollen and puffy, especially around my middle
- I had gained 25 pounds
- I had a sagging belly and could no longer see my feet (or other parts!)
- My body ached from all the weight I’d gained so quickly that my skeletal system was crying out for help!
- I retreated within myself and never talked on the phone or wanted to go out anymore.
- My short-term memory was GONE in a big way. I constantly forgot what I came in a room to do, what I went to the store to get . . .
- Nothing seemed worth doing.
What a frightening list, right?
But, There is Hope Now, Ladies
Today, my get up and go has come back and stayed and as a nurse, I feel compelled to share my new found solution.
There IS a way to reverse the hormonal and metabolic side effects of adrenal/hormonal burnout and menopause.
Today, I want to tell you how I cured—yes cured— adrenal fatigue and got my energy back. I shed the flab, the big belly, the engulfing depression, and started taking care of myself again.
Keep reading. Today’s post will change your life.
What Adrenal Fatigue Feels Like, Described In “Real People Terms”
If you’ve been suffering from something that feels like chronic fatigue, hypoglycemia, or lethargy, and are noticing a never-ceasing consistent weight gain (even on a low calorie diet), you might have adrenal fatigue.
Just look at things like
Is it flat impossible for you to lose weight? Even a pound or two?
Are you gaining weight when following a strict diet?
Are you holding a lot of weight around your middle?
Do you feel so fatigued your arms and legs feel heavy?
Are you getting extremely dizzy when standing—so much you have to kind of shake your head and get it together before you move?
Do you get sugar cravings suddenly in the middle of the night?
These are questions you can ask yourself which will help you identify adrenal fatigue and I experienced ALL of them.
And the maddening thing about adrenal fatigue, even once you recognize it, is that you have got to get moving to feel better, but how will you get moving when you’re stuck on the couch?!
It Was Time to Do My OWN Homework
Fed up with doctors and synthetic hormones that had only made me gain more weight, I decided to research the science behind this disorder.
And I went to school like I did in the old days when nursing school was as hard as medical school.
And I researched the specific things adrenal fatigue and menopause do to our metabolism, to our carb to fat conversion, to our hormones, and to our fat-storing processes.
And I learned so many fascinating but frustrating things about why so much weight gain is experienced with menopause and AF.
Understanding Adrenal Fatigue, Hormone Loss and Weight Gain
It basically boils down to this depressing equation:
Menopause = You’re a Fat Making, Fat Storing Machine
Menopause + Adrenal Fatigue + Exponential Weight Gain
Why? Well, if you have menopause and adrenal fatigue, the effect on our weight-controlling, metabolism-controlling, fat-creating, fat-storing hormones is CATACLYSMIC.
So why do these two factors combined make weight gain inevitable for practically all women?
It’s because with menopause you are primed to become a magnet for fat that will not bulge without an explosive amount of effort or a complete change in our system.
See, with just menopause
- our muscle mass decreases creating fat storing, fat attracting flab
- our metabolisms reach a whole new LOW
- and cortisol is so whacked out we lose sleep and gain belly fat which attracts even more belly fat as science has found
Now, consider what menopause + adrenal fatigue will do?
What this further depletion of our weight-controlling, metabolism-controlling hormones does to our already barely-burning fat system explains everything. No wonder we are gaining weight.
Let me explain as clearly as I can what the science is behind this weight gain and fat storage:
- We have exhausted our fight or flight adrenals somehow with consistent stress—And since our bodies have been on a prolonged end of the world-like WATCH for disaster, they have been storing fat and carbs for flood or famine. And they hold on to fat like crazy.
- Eventually, our hormones are so exhausted they cannot do their work—they cannot convert fats to energy.
- Then, here come adrenaline and cortisol trying to rescue the body.
And there you have it. Weight gain now is inevitable.
4. Adrenaline and cortisol are our enemies because they are the hormones that make us fatter by mobilizing carbohydrates as fats to give us energy.
5. Even worse, the new fat begins attracting more fat that is stored in the abdomen
So, no wonder we are overweight.
So, We Are Very In Need of Rescue if We Want To Lose this Weight
After I came to understand the series of processes behind this weight gaining madness, I began to research any kind of herbs or supplements that can help reverse the hormonal processes that make us gain so much weight.
And I discovered around five super-herbs and newly discovered wonder-supplements that that do this very thing, like Coq10, Irvingia gabonensis, ForsLean, green coffee beans, and green tea, and I found ThriveW—which contains ALL of these wonder weight loss ingredients.
Just Read What the ingredients in Thrive Do to Help Us Lose Weight
- Stimulate the hormone “norepinephrine” which virtually “signals” our fat cells to begin breaking down fats—not holding on to them.
- Increase adiponectin, which is a powerful weight loss weapon. Adiponectin is a protein and a hormone that increases the rate at which the body breaks down fat and enhances the ability of our muscles to use carbohydrates for energy instead of fat.
- help deflect fat before it is stored in our stomach and make it available for to be used as energy instead.
- Speed our sluggish metabolisms so that we can burn calories normally again.
The Super Weight Loss Ingredients in Thrive and the Science Behind Them
Thrive’s special proprietary formula of ForsLean, Green Coffee Bean, Green Tea,
Irvingia Gabonensis helps reverse the processes behind hormonal weight gains
Forslean and Irvingia Gabonensis are relatively new players in the weight loss arena that are getting tons of positive press for their weight loss super-powers, but so are all the ingredients in Thrive.
Here are the most important ingredients in Thrive for adrenal fatigue, weight loss, and fat burning.
- Irvingia Gabonensis (wild African manga) does is to help fight the fat storing, fat-causing aspects of adrenal fatigue by sensitizing cells to leptin and increasing the production of adiponectin. This Increased leptin sensitivity helps reduce appetite and remove fats that are normally stored as fat and makes them available to be burned as energy (when we move, exercise).
- ForsLean (Coleus forskohlii) is ThriveW’s wonder proprietary blend is made from the Coleus forskohlii plant, which contains fat-burning enzymes which also stimulate hormones and help us to recover from adrenal fatigue’s most debilitating symptoms tied to hormone loss. It has also been shown in studies to help people from gaining weight, which is important with AF and important for anyone wanting to maintain weight after weight loss.
- Green Tea has some of the most important ingredients for women suffering from adrenal fatigue-related weight issues, catechins, one of which is EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate), a substance that can boost metabolism and which boosts the fat burning process by inhibiting an enzyme that breaks down the hormone “norepinephrine.” When this enzyme is inhibited, the amount of norepinephrine increases, which signals our fat cells to break down fat.
- COq10 is a relatively new discovery that has even doubtful scientists impressed. CoQ10 has proven affects of boosting metabolism and fat-burning.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract can boost your metabolism up to 11%. Green coffee beans also reduce the amount of fat absorbed from foods, and improves the function of the fat-burning adiponectin (which is very good for menopausal women).
Once I learned about the science behind Thrive, I immediately ordered the Thrive 8-Week Experience.
Saying “I’m glad I did” is not enough to explain the complete 180 I have experienced. I’m me again before adrenal fatigue—in fact, before menopause. I haven’t felt this way for so long I cannot determine when I lost that “happy feeling,” I just know I got it back.
I quit sitting around, and started moving again. The energy was off the charts. I began paying attention to my finances better, going shopping, reading more, having FUN again. I had forgotten fun.
And the WEIGHT LOSS. Finally! The weight loss was immediate—not pounds dropped overnight but the pounds DID BEGIN to drop! And, I’ve gotten rid of that that diabetes-welcoming belly fat. Thank you Thrive.
The Thrive Experience
Once I received my Thrive Experience package in the mail (I should make it clear here that I added enough of the Thrive DFT patches to get me through the first month) I began using Thrive that day—it was February 1, just the perfect day of the month to turn over a new leaf.
After two days, I noticed I wanted to get up and do things again.
By week two, I had signed up for a gym and was walking every day—four times around our yard, for around 10 to 15 minutes. That’s not much but I’d been sedentary so long I had to work up to walking longer – and it doesn’t take very long to build up your cardio tolerance again.
After week three I actually began going to the gym and falling in love with how lifting weights helped me get rid of some of that arm, leg, and derriere flab.
And I had lost 8 pounds by week four.
So I was SOLD.
Overall, completing the Thrive 8-Week Experience, and then continuing this program on my own for another four months has
- Helped me lose 21.5 pounds
- Completely cured my post-menopausal depression
- Increased my desire to work out and take care of responsibilities.
- Helped me to eat healthier by curbing my appetite and eliminating cravings for sugar and salt.
- Helped me to enjoy all my hobbies again and makes me feel more sociable and active
- Reduced that belly fat and inflammation—(and some of that is inflammation, ladies)
Like Nike Says, Just DO IT!
What you should try first is the Thrive 8 Week Experience Tone Pack that is designed for weight loss, fat burning, and creating lean muscle—not to mention exponential mental and physical energy-boosting. You’ll notice the mental clarity in one day. It’s amazing.
I chose the ThriveW Tone Pack (the different packs are gender specific with special blends for hormonal healing for men and women). And I continued the using the Tone Pack for six months for a total weight loss, by today’s count, of 21.8 pounds.
The Tone Pack is very inexpensive for a month’s worth of weight loss and to regain your life, at only $190, and it contains enough Lifestyle Mix and the ThriveW supplement capsules for the first 30 days of the program.
I want to add that I highly recommend the The ThriveDFT patches (Derma Fusion Technology), which must be ordered separately. They are like a super-infusion of appetite control and energy and they’re getting tons of positive reviews.
If you would like to try a free sample of Thrive, click here. You’ll soon see the energy and motivation-replenishing effects of this wonderful supplement.
I hope this blog helps just one other woman regain their life by shedding light on Adrenal Fatigue and give hope again when life gets challenging.
I look forward to connecting with you and sharing your experience.